8.29.2017

back to school - etsy picks

Vi starts preschool in next week!! I'm already way too emotional about it. And when I say preschool I really mean that she's going to two half days of preschool a week, which I know is nothing compared to sending your kid to school every day, all day. But it'll still be a huge adjustment for her (and let's be honest, probably more for me!) Vi will be 2.5 yrs old next month, so we decided it was time for her to get some independent socialization with other kids her age. And I'd like her to get used to preschool before her little brother or sister arrives next year so it won't be a huge shock! Of course I wanted to find her something special to wear for her big first day -- here are some cute "back to school" finds from Etsy:
alphabet pinafore dress (the back is so cute!) / apple swing dress / alphabet dress (I ordered this dress for Vi! I really like the alphabet fabric, and the dress has pockets which I know Vi will love! p.s. if this dress is sold out on Etsy, check the seller's website) / personalized apple baseball tee / milk and cookies pencil case / donut case (the pineapple and pencil cases are cute too!) / unicorn pencil case (I also like the robot pattern) / retro apple dress / first/last day of class chalkboard sign (I like that this is reusable) / bear backpack (the rifle paper floral pattern is cute too) / smiling apple tunic / personalized school bus tee

Mamas if you have any tips or books that will help make the first day go a little more smoothly please let me know! 
-xo-
Jillian
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I love the chalkboard sign idea to use each year to capture that moment! Also love the backpack. Sending good vibes for a great first day for Vi and mama Jillian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How darling are those dresses! And I need to pin that chalkboard sign <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to buy alll those dresses!! Etsy is way too tempting!

      Delete
  3. Those dresses are all so cute. My friend did the same thing with her daughter at 2.5 and it really helped her daughter with socialization and her speech. I could never really understand what she was saying but now I can. Heck, I think she speaks better than me. Although, she is a bit bossy. Haha..she loves when I visit cause I let her boss me around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! She's already a chatterbox and says the funniest things... so I'm curious to see what she says after being with some new kids for a while!

      Delete
  4. These are adorable! I love the chalkboard! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig