8.18.2017

baby number two!

Happy Friday! We shared some big news this week -- we're having another baby!! So I thought I would answer a few questions about baby number two!
ONE: How have you been feeling? TIRED. I was convinced I was pregnant with twins because I was SO tired all the time! (I'm not, they checked!) I guess I really underestimated how tiring pregnancy would be when I spend most of my days chasing around an active toddler. So I finally took the advice I ignored when Vi was a baby, and I nap during her naps! Thankfully I'm starting to feel a little more energetic and otherwise I feel great! I've had a few food aversions (mostly meat related) and the first few weeks I only wanted to eat bread, cheese, and pizza. I also had zero energy or interest in working out during most of the first trimester, so my bump is coming in a little faster than my first pregnancy!

TWO: What about your Crohn's? Unfortunately since it's a chronic disease, my Crohn's isn't going anywhere. So far my symptoms have been under control and that's probably because I've continued to take my medications. When I was pregnant with Vi I took Humira throughout my pregnancy, but this pregnancy is going to be a little different. After I was hospitalized last December I was put on a new medication that makes this pregnancy fall into the "high risk" category. We talked to my GI doctor and consulted with high risk OBGYN about all the risks that would be involved before I got pregnant. I have been seeing my OBGYN every two weeks to make sure the baby is growing on schedule -- so far it is! And we already had some genetic testing done and I am very grateful that everything looks good! I'm praying the rest of my pregnancy goes smoothly and I'll do my best to avoid any flares.

THREE: Were you surprised? YES! With Vi it took us over six months to get pregnant, so I was shocked when I got pregnant after the first month. However, that's not to say we weren't ready! Since we knew that this pregnancy would be "high risk," we took a lot of time to weigh out all of the risks and waited a while until we were both ready to try. So when we saw that positive pregnancy test we were ecstatic!
FOUR: Does Violet know she's going to be a big sister? YES and she talks to the baby almost every day. It's adorable. The other day she lifted up my shirt and said "I gonna protect you!" and gave my stomach a kiss. It was so sweet, I almost started crying. She also asks to watch the "baby video" -- referring to the What to Expect When You're Expecting baby development videos on my phone. It's pretty amazing to see her eyes light up when she sees a baby on the screen and then she pats my stomach.

FIVE: Are you going to find out the gender? YES! I wish I was patient enough to wait, but I'm not and thankfully neither is H. I'm sure I will share the gender with family and friends and here eventually -- BUT we are going to keep the baby's name a surprise until she or he is born.

-xo-
Jillian
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. Congrats on your growing family!!! I love the new look here too- the site looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Jill! So glad baby is healthy and you're getting some rest! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Ashley!! about to take a nap now ;)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!! That's so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! So exciting! Violet will love being a big sister!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so excited to see her with the baby!

      Delete
  5. Ahhh!! So exciting! Can't wait to see V be the sweetest big sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations mama! I'm so excited for your family! I'm sending you lots of positive vibes for a healthy, easy pregnancy! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eek, what exciting news! Napping when the kids nap is key to surviving pregnancy with a toddler! Hope you get an energy boost soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I look forward to those naps everyday!!

      Delete
  9. Congratulations—what wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!! I'm so very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig